Grab a Seniors Helping Seniors® caregiver and tickle your tastebuds with this Sweet Summer Sponge Cake!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup. & 1 tbsp. of flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix in your Greek yogurt, milk, vanilla extract, and 2 egg whites.
- In another bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, sugar, & salt.
- Then combine the two bowls and whisk until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix your crushed pistachios and the melted butter. Once evenly coated, add buttered pistachios to your mixture.
- To a pan over medium heat, add around a 1/4 cup of your pancake batter and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake (approx. 1-2 mins each side), then flip.
- Plate your pancakes and drizzle with maple syrup and leftover pistachios for a little extra crunch!