With so many fun “holidays” to celebrate throughout the year, keeping up with them can be a chore! Lucky for us, this week’s celebrations go hand-in-hand…or, maybe nut-in-batter? In observance of National Pancake Day (2/21) and National Pistachio Day (2/26), we get in the spirit with this scrumptious pistachio pancake recipe. Ask your Seniors Helping Seniors® caregiver to assist and give this one a try!
- 2 egg whites
- 1/3 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup. & 1 tbsp. of flour
- 1/2 tsp. of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. of sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 tbsp. of melted butter
- Maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of crushed pistachios for garnish
- In a medium bowl, mix in your Greek yogurt, milk, vanilla extract and 2 egg whites.
- In another bowl, combine your dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, sugar, & salt.
- Then combine the two bowls and whisk until evenly mixed.
- In a separate bowl, mix your crushed pistachios and the melted butter. Once evenly coated, add buttered pistachios to your mixture.
- To a pan over medium heat, add around a 1/4 cup of your pancake batter and cook till bubbles start appearing through the top of the pancake (approx. 1-2 mins each side), then flip.
- Plate your pancakes and drizzle with maple syrup and left over pistachios for a little extra crunch!