Looking for what to do with those leftover overripe bananas? Time to bake Banana Bread! Mix in chocolate chips for an extra sweetness or top it with some walnuts for a crunch!
2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup of butter
¾ cup of brown sugar
2 1/3 cups of mashed (overripe) bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease you loaf pan.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl mix butter and brown sugar together, stir in the eggs and mashed bananas.
- Gradually stir in wet mixture to the flour mixture
- Pour batter into loaf pan
- Bake for 60-65 minutes
Don’t forget you can always add in your own ingredients (like chocolate chips)!
February 23rd is National Banana Bread Day, so be sure to celebrate accordingly!